Saturday, February 15, 2020

Icicles at Initial Tree

Today was my first ride since my accident. I was not at all sure how it would go. Or if it was a good idea to even try. Loretta was sure it was probably not a good idea. But, I had to try. With help getting Lily ready, I mounted up. So far so good. I figured as long as Lily behaved, as she usually does, I don't need to arms to ride. I only need one to steer her and the left one is as good as my right arm for that.

We did decide not to ride too long as I didn't want to overdo it. And I didn't know how it would feel after the ride. Riding didn't really hurt as long as I kept my right arm tucked in to my body and held onto my jacket to support the arm and shoulder. Dismounting hurt so I only did that when we stopped for lunch. We rode into Initial tree today and the icicles were absolutely stunning on the trail into Initial and the bluffs around Initial Tree. As we were eating lunch, it warmed up enough that the icicles started breaking off and crashing to the ground. It jumped the mules a bit the first couple times and then they ignored it. We decided to ride out a different way where the trail would not keep us so close to the bluffs and falling icicles. We rode a bit over 9 miles today. My shoulder didn't seem any the worse after so I was happy with that and we had such a nice ride.























No comments:

Post a Comment