Sunday, October 28, 2018

Wandering At Will

I was up fairly early this morning but it was cloudy and overcast and not looking very good. I contacted Kathy to see if she was going to ride. At that point it was starting to really rain so we decided not to go. But as I working around the house, the rain stopped and it started to look better. I contacted Kathy again and we messaged back and forth a bit and finally talked ourselves into going riding. My trailer was already hooked up and my tack was still loaded so I just went over to the barn, got Lily, who loaded with no fuss, and went over to High Knob. No one was in a hurry. I parked by Kathy's camp and took my time tacking up. Hope, a friend of Kathy, joined us for our ride. Kathy was riding her mule Cora. We didn't have any real plan when we started out but decided to ride out to Initial Tree. Once there we stopped and tied up and took a little break. Then we wandered our way back taking one trail none of us were sure where it went. We ended up at NoNo rock and from there wandered our way back into camp on a series of very pretty trails. I'm so glad we decided to go as it turned out to be a lively day and we had a wonderful ride.







No comments:

Post a Comment