Saturday, September 29, 2018

East of Double M Campground


It was a lovely day today so Lily and I headed out on an adventure on our own. Today I decided to ride past Double M to the east. I have not done that much and want to get familiar with the trails in that direction.

Lily seemed happy to hit the trails today. We met quite a few other riders which was no surprise being such a lovely day and a Saturday. I rode 184 over to Double M. Then took trail 188 to what I think is called Vultures Bluff. I rode along the bottom of it and then took an unmarked trail that circled around the top. That eventually brought me back around by the fire road. So, I took that towards Pounds Hollow Lake. I took the trail to the left that goes by the spillway. Lily was not thrilled about going up by that big gaping hole spewing water (actually, the water was quite sluggish) out of the hillside. She didn't refuse but did hug the left side of the trail pretty hard. We went across the dam and took the trail that goes along the west side of the lake. Just as you get on that trail, there is a muddy spot right close to the water that is full of roots and Lily sunk a leg down in a spot and got bogged down for a moment. She managed to get herself out and keep us both safe. Good girl!





The mosquitoes were vicious today! I've never seen them like this here. Lily's face was covered with them. She ignored it for the most part. She's amazingly tolerant of bugs. I came out to trail 183 and followed that back to 185 and on home. Lily was a wonderful girl today.






No comments:

Post a Comment