Saturday, November 25, 2017

To Initial Tree with Del

It was a lovely day today and I had not really made any efforts to find someone to ride with. So, it seemed a good day to strike off on my own for my first solo ride with Lily. I headed over to the barn and told Del I was going to head out to Initial tree. Well, turns out Del wanted to get out for a ride also so I happily scrapped my idea of a solo ride. I can do that anytime. It's always fun riding with Del. He said he would like to ride to Initial tree as I'd originally planned and he let me lead the way. I DO know how to get to Initial tree by I'll admit that my original plan to take the most direct route there did not work out quite as I planned. However, I did get us there. There is a tricky spot on trail 185 right now where there is a downed tree. Someone had cut a spot in the tree to go though but it's narrow and there is nowhere at the spot to get around it at all with a drop off on one side and a steep hill on the other. Lily being tall helped, I was able to lift my leg over the high side of the log and squeeze through. Delbert made it also but banged his leg on the log.  There were quite a few people at Initial Tree when we arrived. We stopped and chatted with a few people then headed back. I took us a different route back and once again did not manage to take the most direct route. We rode about 6.5 miles. Lily was a very good girl and Delbert's mare is always good. We had a very nice ride.







No comments:

Post a Comment