Sunday, October 15, 2017

Riding a Short Ear








Sally invited me to ride with her and her friends again. I couldn't take Lily as she had the sore foot. But, Sally offered to let me ride one of her horses and I happily accepted. Rain was forecast for the start of the day but was supposed to clear up around 11:00. I headed over to Sally's at 10:30 or so and we headed out in the ATV to round up the horses and it started raining quite hard. So, we aborted the round up mission and retreated back to the barn. It was still raining at noon time but has let off a bit so we headed out and rounded up the horses. By the time we had them tacked up and everyone had arrived and was ready to ride, the rain had stopped. We rode out to Dead Horse Canyon. I started out on Dancer. But, she is not happy following another horse, she likes to lead and I didn't know how to get where we were going. So, Sally and I traded when we got up on Blackridge Rd. and I rode her little Paso Fino gelding Zak. He was a lot of fun to ride. As close to riding a mule as any horse I've been on in how sure footed he is. We had a wonderful ride





















No comments:

Post a Comment