Sunday, July 2, 2017

Riding with Sandy and the Gang Day 2

Sandy sent me a message this morning to see if I wanted to ride with them again. I guess Lily and I weren't too obnoxious yesterday that they were willing to have me along once again. I was happy to go out with them again so I hopped in the truck and as I was pulling out of the driveway, I discovered that my little mouse friend was still in residence in my truck as it did a few panicked laps around the floor of my truck again. I'm going to have to do something about this......

When I got to the barn, I grabbed Lily's halter and stepped out into the pasture. All 3 equines were munching hay at the feeder. I called to Lily and her head popped up, she saw me at the barn and came right over to me. This was a good sign. She must have enjoyed herself yesterday also to be so willing to go with me again. she loaded pretty well this morning. Today was warm again but not as humid as yesterday. There were very few flies at all out on the trails.The group was already saddled up when I got there so I quickly saddled up Lily. She was quiet this morning so it didn't take me long. Today we rode to Garden of the Gods. We stopped for a while at Buzzard's Roost. We had lunch at Garden of the Gods. Lily was more settled today and a pure pleasure to ride. I kept her behind other horses today and she did well slowing her pace and not crowding up on the horse in front of her. I had to check her back occasionally but not a whole lot. Lily only had one very brief naughty moment and that was near the end of the ride. I asked her to go down a different trail than the others were taking. She though we were separating from her new buddies and she popped up in front and threw a little buck to register her protest. I gave her a boot in the side and pushed her forward with a stern "QUIT" and she moved down the trail as I asked. She didn't make too much fuss about loading to come home either so a very good day!










No comments:

Post a Comment