Sunday, April 9, 2017

Forest Wildflowers

Today I went riding with Delbert and Ruth for the first time. We also started out with my neighbor Sally and her boyfriend. I decided to take Lily. I'd ridden Marie the previous day and Marie was HORRIBLE. But that's another story.

It was a lovely day though a bit blustery. Delbert started out on Sally's buckskin horse and Sally was riding Delbert's mare. We were ready before Sally and rode over to her barn to wait. We rode through the field up to Black's Cabin. I thought Lily would spazz out going across that big open field, wind blowing and 2 rides moving out up ahead of us. But, she walked though the field very quietly much to my delight. When we got to the cabin, Delbert decided to switch with Sally and ride his own horse. Something spooked his horse while he was mounting and she bolted off. Delbert was ok and his mare quickly caught and he got back on. We decided to split up at that point. Sally and her boyfriend would be riding faster and longer so I decided to stay with Delbert and Ruth as I am still not feeling very well from whatever it is I came down with just before I left Maine.








We took trail 184 to trail 185. We crossed the creek and went north back to the farm. It is so beautiful out in the wood right now. The wildflowers are in bloom and the forest floor is carpeted in blues and purples from the bluebells and sweet williams, as well as yellow and white from flowers I could not identify. We only did about 3.5 miles but that was enough for how I was feeling Lily was a very good girl. She led part of the way and it was a very nice ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment