Sunday, October 5, 2014

The Overpass


Cierra and I had a very nice ride starting from my house today. It was a lovely day and we headed out with some marking tape to mark some new trail. I didn't have much tape but marked as far as I could and was pleased to come out right where I was hoping to come out onto the main trail. We then took another old trail I haven't done in years that dead ends. But where the trail ends the woods are very clear and easy to ride though so again we just rode in the direction I knew the main trail was and came to it with no problem. Since we were on such a good roll of finding our way around on old and non existent trail, I decided to try one more old trial that I had a hard time getting through on the last time I'd ridden it. There had been a number of large trees down along it but I figured we'd try it anyway. Well, much to my delight, though the trail doesn't look like it's used that much, it's been all cleaned up and we were able to ride all the way out near the overpass. From there we just had to do a very short section on tar to get to another trail to take us home. Since we were in sight of the overpass we decided to ride over it to see how Tinkerbell would handle it. It didn't bother her at all. Cierra wasn't thrilled with it but Tink as great. The only thing she really looked at was the metal expansion strips on each side as most horses do. What Tink didn't like were the big emu's on the other side of the overpass. We had a great ride as usual. 





No comments:

Post a Comment