Sunday, June 15, 2014

Search and Rescue


A few days ago Susie, Linda and I went riding from my house. I had to work the morning we rode and both Linda and Susie had some time limits. We did the Tarr's Mill loop starting out by going down the road to Starbird Corner and taking that trail crossing over Lewis Hill Rd. When we got to Tarr's Mill where we cross the West Cathance Stream, it was so swollen from the heavy rain we'd had the previous day that we were nervous to try crossing it. I can't ever remember this stream crossing making me nervous but today it did and we all decided to ride over to the other crossing point. We hustled along as well as we could knowing it would be close on time. The 2nd crossing also much higher than normal but at least here we didn't have to worry about getting swept over a waterfall. We had no trouble crossing and were well on our way home when I noticed that one of Buckshot's boots were gone. Of course it was the Renegade! DANG! And of course I had just ordered the one to match the now lost one just the previous day! Just figures. We did not have time to go back and look for it so I just figured I'd go search for it when I could sometime during the week. We otherwise had a good ride. Though I have decided that Buckshot is tender on his front feet. Just shoes aren't enough it seems. His soles are still tender. 




So, Today I headed out to see if I could fine the missing boot. I took my good ole' trusty Marie for the solo search and rescue mission. She is just the best to take out alone. I decided to backtrack the ride in the opposite direction we rode it the other day. It was a beautiful day to be out riding and I really enjoyed the time alone with Marie. And much to my delight, I did find the boot stuck in the mud right at the edge of the river at the river crossing. Yeah! 







1 comment: