Friday, November 22, 2013

Upper Pond Stable Drill Team

We have started a drill team at Upper Pond Stable. We thought it would be something fun to do over the winter and give us all incentive to keep riding. Right now the team consists of me, Brooke, Cierra, Meagan and Mary-Jo. And my friend Linda has come to one practice. It's been very hard finding a time that works for everyone for practices and we have not had the whole team together yet at the same time. Despite that, Brooke, who is our fearless leader, had done a great job of working up a routine for us and teaching it to us. Brooke has been riding my mule Shots and I've been riding my horse Marie. So far we have had......4 practices. It's been a lot of fun and a good learning experience for all of us and our equines. I did a drill team with Marie back when she was just 4 years old. So, it's been a long time.

Shots has been doing quite well with the practices. He's out of shape and we have been pretty careful with him. But he gets stronger with each practice. Tonight I was not able to bring Marie so I rode Shots and Brooke directed us from the ground. I had a lot of fun riding him, he's such a good mule. He knows the pattern already which is more that I can say for myself. He would tell me when I was going wrong, it was pretty funny. After we finished practice, we all were just hanging out in the arena and playing around. Meagan wanted to ride Shots so she hopped on and took him around the arena for a few laps. She got him into a nice canter. Then, she stood up on him and he could have cared less. GOOD MULE! I also rode Mary-Jo's lovely Spanish Mustang Arthur. I didn't ride long as Mary-Jo's saddle is way to small for me. But it was fun.


















No comments:

Post a Comment