Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Riding at Upper Pond With Lindsey and Brooke

While working at Upper Pond this morning, we all got talking about trail riding and I got the bright idea that we should all go for a trail ride after work. Lindsey was on board with the idea pretty quickly. Brooke said she didn't really care to take one of her horses out on trail so I offered to let her ride my Marie. Brooke said she would be happy to go out on trail with Marie so, as soon as I was done work, I went home, quickly fed, grabbed a quick sandwich for myself and loaded up both Luke and Marie and headed back to Upper Pond. Lindsey decided to ride her horse, Outie. He is an ott Standardbred with little trail experience. Luke and Marie would be very good for him to go with as both are such steady trail ponies. It didn't take long to get ready and we were soon headed out. Outie didn't know quite what to think of it all but he was a very good boy. I took the lead with Luke and Brooke took the rear with Marie and we kept Outie between us for most of the ride. A few times he did forge ahead but not for long. He is quite unsure of how to handle himself with a rider going down hills. So, Lindsey would just zig zag him down the hills and he would manage that way. We made a few circuits of the trails behind the stable. On our last pass by the pond, I rode Luke right over to it. He was hesitant about approaching it and as I was urging him towards it, suddenly Lindsey and Outie passed right by me. Outie was quite interested in checking out the water. It was funny watching him. Luke did step in after a minute. It was a fun ride and I think we need to do it more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment