Monday, July 16, 2012

Visitor from Germany and Tarr's Mill Ride



Today was another hot and muggy day so we decided to ride fairly early. Susie came over with a young woman, Johanna, from Germany who is here visiting relatives. Johanna rode Marie. Luke had lost a front shoe on our last ride so I put an Old Mac boot on him for the ride. I finally found my old one (when I'd stopped looking for it) and it was big enough to fit Luke. Susie and Joanna arrived at 8:30 am. We were soon tacked up and ready to go. We decided to ride the Tarr's Mill loop. As soon as we entered the woods we were completely swarmed by deer fly. And not just the lead horse as is common, but all of us were swarmed by them. They were HORRIBLE. Once again I really appreciated Luke's tolerance of them. And once again I was happy to have the mask for him and my handy fly whisk. Despite the deer fly, we still had a great ride. Luke continues to get stronger. He's soooooo much fun to ride.

Tarr's Mill. Before the dam broke down, the area behind us was a pond


The remains of the old dam is behind us in this picture




Hosing Luke and Marie off after our ride



No comments:

Post a Comment