Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Paddocks Set Up

I got paddocks all set up this past weekend. This is a relief as I did not have a way to separate Louie and Marie for 1/2 the day. They need to be separated 1/2 the day because Marie eats hay so much faster then Louie. She is a regular hay vacuum and Louie likes to just pick at his hay all day. And, I needed to get them off the larger pasture to let the grass grow or I'll have a major erosion problem. I bought corral panels to set up the paddocks. It's just sooooooo had to put in fence posts here with all the ledge. And I have loved my existing paddock made up of corral panels. 

I despaired of being able to do this though. Upon looking around, I found the price on panels had gone up quite a bit since the last time I bought them. And, they were not nearly as well made as my older ones. But, after calling around, I was lucky enough to find someone that had panels that matched the ones I already had. They were used but in good condition and I got a very good price on them. I had to make two trips to get them all picked up but well worth it. They were only a 45 min. drive from me. 



 I don't have use of the old front paddock yet as it's still part of the "construction zone". When we are done, that will become Louie's paddock. For now, he has to live with having the smallest paddock part of the day. He doesn't seem to mind though. The day I put the panels up, Louie went around and pushed on every one of them with his nose. Trying to test just how sturdy they were I guess. Or, plotting his escape.


 You can see in the picture below that we still have a lot to do on the west side of the barn. We do have the walls all framed up now but have to purchase more building materials.



No comments:

Post a Comment